Red skin potato chili nachos make the perfect game day appetizer. Perfect for football food or just a party appetizer or snack!
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2–3 large red skin potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon Mrs Dash extra spicy seasoning
- 1/2 cup of water
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice potatoes thin, between 1/4″ and 1/2″ slices
- Toss potato slices in olive oil (1-2 tablespoons), salt and pepper (to taste)
- Lay in single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef. Add water about halfway through and finely chop beef with wooden or plastic spatula.
- Once almost browned, add in sriracha and spicy seasoning.
- Drain any excess grease from pan.
- If bacon isn’t cooked, cook bacon in ground beef pan.
- Once potatoes are finished baking, remove from oven.
- Spray a cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Add one layer of potatoes to bottom, covering the bottom of the pan.
- Layer beef, cheese, onions, tomatoes and bacon.
- Add a second layer of potatoes and repeat toppings.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Serve immediately!
Be sure to flip potatoes halfway through baking.