If you’re looking for a perfect summer cocktail, this Prickly Pear Margarita is it. This margarita is sweet and so refreshing on a hot summer day. It’s perfect for a barbecue, laying by the pool or Cinco de Mayo!
- 1/2 cup tequila *add more for a stronger blend
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1/4 cup prickly pear syrup
- 4 lime wedges for serving
- Salt or sugar for rim (optional)
- Cut lime into 4 wedges.
- Pour salt or sugar onto a small plate.
- Run the lime wedge along the edge of your glass, then dip into the sugar/salt and coat the rim.
- Pour tequila, triple sec, lime juice, prickly pear syrup and a few ice cubes into a cocktail shaker and shake, shake, shake!
- Add ice to salt/sugar-rimmed glass.
- Pour shaken cocktail over ice and serve.