Healthy no sugar added blueberry muffins are the perfect treat. These muffins are sweetened naturally with dates and can be quickly thrown together using just your blender!
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped (10–12 dates)
- 1/2 cup water boiling
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start a small pot of 1/2 cup water and wait for it to boil.
- Place chopped dates into a blender. Then pour boiling water on top of the dates. Blend until dates are pureed.
- Add remaining ingredients (except blueberries) to blender, starting with the dry ingredients.
- Once all ingredients are in the blender, blend until mixture comes together.
- Gently fold in blueberries with a rubber spatula.
- Pour directly into a greased or lined muffin pan, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until the center of the muffins bounce back when gently poked.
- Allow to cool for two minutes in muffin tin before moving to a wire cooling rack.
You can also make these without flour. Just substitute oats for the flour.
If you’d like these to be sweeter, you can also add a tablespoon of honey to the mix.
Recipe adapted from Bren Did Blog.