This easy Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet is the perfect weeknight meal for the whole family. It has five simple ingredients and is made in under thirty minutes! This 30 minute meal is made with ground turkey, diced sweet potatoes, spinach and Italian seasoning. Serve over rice, riced cauliflower, or as a complete meal. It’s also perfect for meal prepping!
- 3 cups diced and peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice or riced cauliflower
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes and set aside.
- Start cooking a pot of rice, if serving with rice.
- In a skillet with a lid on medium heat, add ground turkey and season with salt and pepper. Cook until at least 90% cooked through.
- Once the turkey has mostly cooked, add spinach and sweet potatoes to skillet. Add water to pan if necessary (see notes). Cover with lid.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Add spices to skillet and toss to coat, breaking up spinach pieces but being careful not to squish sweet potatoes.
- Serve over cooked rice or riced cauliflower if desired.
You can use frozen or fresh spinach. If using fresh spinach, add 1/4 cup of water to the pan when you add the sweet potatoes and spinach in so the turkey doesn’t burn.
Nutrition information includes cooked white rice.