This fall apple crisp is an easy dessert that is perfect for any occasion this fall! Made with a mix of sweet and tart apples and topped with the perfect brown sugar oat crumble topping! It’s best served warm with a scoop of ice cream but no matter how you eat it, it will be a crowd pleaser for sure.
- 6 apples (I always do half Gala and half Granny Smith), peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup + 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375, spray a baking dish.
- In large bowl, mix apple slices, sugar, flower, spices and salt. Toss to coat apples, then place mixture in baking dish.
- Add flour, brown sugar and oats to medium bowl.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter.
- Pour butter over flour, brown sugar and oats and stir to combine using a fork.
- Break up larger chunks into small course “pebbles” of oat mixture
- Pour mixture over apples.
- Bake for 35 minutes until apples are soft and crisp topping is brown.
- Let the crisp cool, then serve with ice cream!