This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FoamSensations #CollectiveBias
The last two times we have moved, we have run into some issues once we got to our new place. Even moving just a few miles away when we bought our house, we some how managed to pack all of our essentials. So we were left without some pretty necessary things. Having those “oops” moments inspired me to create the perfect moving survival kit! My favorite part of this kit is the newest product from Softsoap, their affordable Liquid Foaming Hand Wash. Soap is a definite must in the midst of a move with dirt, dust and tape all over the place.
In the midst of moving, it’s difficult to remember to leave out certain supplies. Even if you plan to leave important supplies out, in the rush of getting the last boxes onto the moving truck, you’ll likely throw all of the supplies into the truck without realizing it.
If you know someone who is moving soon, you can set up this survival kit and drop it off at their new home- they’ll be grateful that you did! Here are a few of my must haves and a few fun other options to include:
- Softsoap liquid foaming hand soap in three varieties: Kitchen Citrus Bliss for the kitchen, Jasmine & White Cotton for the laundry room, and Whipped Cocoa Butter for an entry way/guest bathroom
- Disinfecting Wipes, because you never know what mess the last owners left behind
- Tissues, Toilet Paper and Paper Towels
- Trash bags, this was a huge one for us! Having these handy is so important for throwing away boxes, tape and trash as you’re unpacking. There often isn’t enough time to declutter before moving, so during the unpacking stage there is a lot to throw out
Other ideas for a survival kit:
- Restaurant gift cards- in the first few days of being in a new house, cooking will not be easy or likely, with so many things in boxes
- Snacks and water bottles
- Candles to make the new place cozy
If you don’t have someone to bring you a lovely survival kit, you can definitely create your own, just be sure to put it in it’s own box and to either bring it to the house first or to put it in the front seat of your car so that you don’t lose the supplies!
You can find Softsoap’s newest liquid foaming soap at Walmart!