These thick and chewy M&M Christmas Cookie Bars are perfect for your holiday cookie exchange and holiday get togethers! These easy cookie bars are packed with red and green M&M’s and chocolate chips in every bite.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cups Christmas M&M’s
- 1 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Then add in eggs and stir until batter is like a thick caramel.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Then pour flour into batter, roughly a 1/2 cup at a time, folding batter over itself to smooth any ribbons of flour into the batter. The batter will be very thick.
- Add in red and green M&M’s and chocolate chips to batter and gently combine.
- Pour into baking pan and spread evenly. Top with additional M&M’s and chocolate chips if desired. Bake at 350°F for 26 minutes.
- Remove parchment paper from pan and set on a cooling rack to cool.
- Use a knife or bench scraper to divide into 24 squares.
The cookie bars will be golden brown and firm, but soft and gooey on the inside. You can use a toothpick to see if the cookie bars are completely cooked. A little under done just makes these cookies extra soft and chewy.
These cookies don’t need baking powder or baking soda simply because they do not rise.